September 27, 2008

Meet the family

Mr. Weasley: This is my wonderful husband. He is my rock and my forever. He is a pain in the ass but I love him still...somebody has too! :)

How he is like Mr. Weasley......he loves his family and he works hard to give his family what he can.






Ron: My son is 18. He is in his first year of college and doing well. He has Asperger's Syndrome. He is my gentle giant. He graduated from our homeschool this year (2008). Since he is doing good in college, I guess I didn't screw him up too much.

How he is like Ron: He actually looks like Harry Potter with red hair. He is loyal to his friends and family. Can be a goof.





Ginny: My daughter is 16. She is gorgeous! She has the kindest heart. She has been a vegetarian for almost two years now...I don't know how she does it! She is homeschooling high school.

How she is like Ginny: She is brave (way more than I was at that age). She is shy. She is a listener. Cares deeply about her family and friends.






Fred/George: My son is 11 1/2. We have survived almost 12 years and he has managed to still be alive and all his limbs intact...with stitches only once...his guardian fairy must fly very fast! Mischief, playfullness, entepreneur, mischief, loving, smart, mischief... He is dyslexic so we don't go by grade levels but he is mostly around 5th/6th grade (except for reading).
How he is like Fred and George: read description above! Did I say mischief?


And, of course that would make me Mrs. Weasley.

Well, that's my family. Of course, these are not our real names but we are a family of redheads so it fits.

We have been homeschooling for almost 9 years. We have tried different homeschooling styles and tons of different curriculum. I don't use a specific label to describe our homeschool because we use what works from everything we touch. We are unschoolers. We are classical homeschoolers. We are interest-led child focused. But one thing we are not is "school at home"!! We strive to find what works for each child.

No comments:

Post a Comment