November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hope everyone enjoys their feasts! We are getting ready.

Yesterday, the kids and I made Chess Pies, Pecan Pies, Pumpkin Gingersnap Cheesecake, Pumpkin Cake (with my homemade puree), Apple Pie (first time making homemade), Cherry Pie, and Oreo cake (from kid's cookbook).

Today, we clean, do the prep work for tomorrow, and make banana bread and maybe a banana cream pie. My hubby will start the dough for his rolls and cook the chickens for his stuffing.

Our Menu for tomorrow is:

Turkey
Ham
Hubby's stuffing
Sweet Potatoes
Whiskey Glazed Carrots
Mashed Potatoes
Corn
Peas
Spanish Green Beans
Rolls
Pies and such from above
Banana Bread
Banana Cream Pie


One thing I did new this year...first time ever....I...*sigh*...caught the oven on fire!!! I can't remember what pie it was but one (or two LOL) overflowed. Forgot to clean it up. Turned the oven on again to cook again - grumbling to myself about why I turned it off in the first place knowing I had more to cook. Next thing you know, my youngest screams fire. Just a little one! Baking soda took care of it...LOL Hubby had to do that because I am standing there almost in tears! I really suck at cooking!! Hubby claims it happens to everyone...uh yeah...how many of you all have caught your oven on fire?????

No comments:

Post a Comment