May 5, 2009

Swine Flu ( H1N1 ) in Texas

As a homeschooler, I do not concern myself much with what is happening in the local public schools. But with the Swine flu confirmed in Texas and public schools closing their doors for at least a week, I have had no choice but notice - it is all over the news. They have canceled UIL competitions and athletic competitions. So, are these kids staying home and not being around other kids? Not from what I have seen. They are at the mall, at the grocery store, at the park, in stores. So what was the point of closing the schools? Is this being blown out of proportion? Send them anywhere except to a government facility so it ain't the government's fault if they catch it? ....I don't know....

The Texas Health Services Department says there is 61 cases of confirmed Swine Flu in Texas. The CDC says about 36,000 people die every year around the USA from the regular seasonal flu. Government conspiracy websites seem to be having a field day with this! What is the government not telling us?? :) One day Fox news is talking about precautions and how to stay well and making it seem dire. The next day they are pointing out that you are more likely to **** (can't remember all they said maybe get in a car accident, hit by lightning, or something like that) than get the Swine Flu. So, which is it?

I get the flu, or should I say it gets me (and gets me bad), two to three times a year. I catch every cold out there it seems. I should own stock in Purell! ((I have an autoimmune disease)) I don't how worried I should be about the Swine Flu....I worry about getting the regular flu...

No comments:

Post a Comment